Monday, February 11, 2013

Eagle Scout Card

 I liked the way this Eagle Scout card turned out and it will be quick to reproduce with my Cameo now that all the tracing, simplifying, shadowing / offset and welding has been done.
I started with this Eagle image I found from Google images, from a couple of years ago. I selected this one because the black and white is easy to trace with my Silhouette Designer software


I traced, took off High pass filter and got pretty close to what I wanted by maneuvering my threshold.  I decided I would cut my eagle in a dark rich brown and lay it on white and so I enlarged a couple of areas and also deleted some small areas that I thought would be problematic.

When I was happy with my eagle I decided to cut the card with the white offset welded to a window on my card front. I just needed to position my eagle at a slight angle with the wing tips overlapping the window opening.   I did not center my window opening on this card, but next time will.  It was easy to glue my brown intricate cut eagle to the offset area using Zig 2 Way Glue.  I lined the inside of the card front flap with DCWV blue textured card stock, leaving a white area to write my congratulatory note.  I added a bit of metallic gold with a Sharpie to the front of the card, but would skip this perhaps next time.

If I can teach myself how to do this, you can too! Thanks to tutorials from Kay at Clever Someday, I am tracing designs without  much difficulty !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Comment

click to check out...

MTC

MTC
awesome software for your Silhouette or other die cutting machine, no longer supports Cricut products

Goodbye from Sugar !

Email Gina at

GinaDecor@aol.com

click to feed my fish