Sunday, November 25, 2012

Gina's Place Block



     I whipped this block up quickly just before guests arrived for a cocktail party. I used the Silhouette file called retro girl and then chose Lobster font for my text. This was cut with my Cameo beautifully, without snags, which made weeding easy. I used H&H vinyl.  Glue dots were used to secure the translucent vellum to the inside of the 8 inch block and they are barely noticeable. While I could place a small set of lights inside, I found it easier to just place the block in front is a small lamp I keep on my baker's rack. This looked great sitting next to pretty martini glasses and the glow reminded me of a bar sign.  I noticed a few bubbles in the retro girls but a warm blow dryer, needle prick and Popsicle stick burnishing should take care of that.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Comment

click to check out...

MTC

MTC
awesome software for your Silhouette or other die cutting machine, no longer supports Cricut products

Goodbye from Sugar !

Email Gina at

GinaDecor@aol.com

click to feed my fish