Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Which Cricut Cartridge to Buy?

     Which Cricut cartridge is your favorite and which one collects dust?  Of course we all are at different stages of our lives and are involved with various activities.  The mom of little girls on soccer teams will reach for cartridges I don't own. I am the mother of teenage (and college age) son's.  I am past the "Room Mom Diva" stage, although they must still have my photo on the room mom wall of fame for best parties ever LOL.

I use my Cricut for vinyl projects, card-making, home decor and finally scrapbooking.
You know already that I usually start my Cricut projects at my computer. I use SCAL for anything involving a font. I have hundreds of SVG files neatly organized on my computer. Most of these were free or under $5 for a collection.   Often I use SCAL2  for the whole project. SCAL gives me total control of any SVG image I want to cut. I can see it on my mat before cutting.  "Measure twice cut once"  is my motto And there are thousands of free designs / fonts to use. Google SVG which stands for scalable vector graphic.
      If I am using cartridges I usually go to Design Studio, I can utilize the Key Word function to find the design I need and then place it exactly where I want it to cut on my mat. This lets me know where to place my paper.  Design Studio. I can resize, skew and stretch and weld the Cricut designs and then cut - AS Long As I Own that Cartridge.
     I shop for cartridges with Design Studio. Even with the free trial software you can examine cartridges and truly evaluate if it is cartridge worth purchasing. You can see the feature keys and overlay. You just can not cut with it until you purchase it.  This is one of my favorite ways to use Design Studio.

My favorite Cricut Cartridges......
don't hold me to this as I am fickle.

A Child's Year
Storybook
Home Accents
Martha Stewart Elegant Cakes - (and I don't own the Cricut Cake )
Give a Hoot
Sweethearts
Winter Wonderland or Joy's of the Season ( year round)
Life's a Beach
Plantin Schoolbook or Calligraphy for fonts
Cindy Loo
Sports Mania  ( mom of athletes )


Non-Cricut designs (I cut with SCAL2)

Lettering Delights SVG collections ($4 collections)
SVGcuts    free SVGs and nice under $8.00 collections
 free font sites with dingbats like Dafont
and more too numerous to mention


Comment on your favorites please, and what you use them for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Comment

click to check out...

MTC

MTC
awesome software for your Silhouette or other die cutting machine, no longer supports Cricut products

Goodbye from Sugar !

Email Gina at

GinaDecor@aol.com

click to feed my fish