Thursday, March 10, 2011

                                          
                                             Recent Vinyl Projects 




      I love working with vinyl !  I am showing 2 recent vinyl projects that I have been complemented on.  Both projects use GT-5 vinyl from H & H Sign Supply.


     "Once an Eagle..." is on a plastic beverage dispenser, the 4 gallon size.  I decorated this same dispenser 4 times now, lastly for 2 Eagle Scout ceremonies.


     I used SCAL2 software for my Cricut.  The eagle is cut from metallic gold using the eaglemania font . I will have to look up the fonts but as you can see on both projects I usually mix fonts.


     When layering vinyl make sure you have your first layer smooth before applying the second layer.  This is a "quick, tight grab" and difficult to reposition . This is why I love working with the clear medium tack transfer vinyl I get from H & H.  I can mark on my surface with removable marker, as guidelines and then see where it is going. I "kiss cut" at 3-3-3: blade-depth-speed. 
     When designing my project I create my layout on a square or rectangle the size of my finished project.  Then I can see exactly how it will fit. I then turn that layer off before cutting.  I will screen shot one for you next time.
    The monogrammed platter is about 10" and came from Walmart.  I made several of these as Christmas presents and the mosaic tile design on the platter seemed to go with anyone's home decor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Comment

click to check out...

MTC

MTC
awesome software for your Silhouette or other die cutting machine, no longer supports Cricut products

Goodbye from Sugar !

Email Gina at

GinaDecor@aol.com

click to feed my fish